Something about blueberry muffins is so addictive. These muffins are the perfect breakfast, but you will probably end up snacking on them throughout the day. The mint adds freshness to this classic recipe (although they taste great without it too). These muffins are vegan and don’t use processed sugars so they are much much better for you. I love to eat these straight out of the oven. The blueberries taste amazing when they are warm.
If you loved this recipe, please let me know in the comments. Don’t forget to subscribe to receive new recipes straight to your inbox every week!
Blueberry Mint Muffins
- 1/2 cup nut milk
- 1/2 tsp vinegar
- 1/4 cup vegan margarine melted
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup agave nectar
- 2 cups unbleached flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 3 tbsp fresh mint chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°. Grease a muffin tin.
- Mix nut milk with vinegar to create vegan buttermilk.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add vegan margarine through agave nectar to the vegan buttermilk mixture. Stir until well combine.
- Add flour mixture and stir until you see the flour has been worked in, you will still have lumps. Gently stir in blueberries and mint.
- Fill muffin cups about 3/4 full. Bake for 22-25 minutes. Let cool and enjoy!