Beans are such a healthy and protein packed ingredient to add to your meals. I am always looking for more ways to enjoy them. These delicious and easy refried beans have all the flavor of traditional refried beans without the added fat. Plus since they don’t use lard like the traditional recipes they are vegan!
This recipe is so versatile. It can be used for dip, tacos, salads, enchiladas, burritos, and more. It makes a great meat substitute in almost any Mexican recipe. The best part is how quick and easy it is to make. Ready in just 15 minutes, these beans can be made in advance and stored in the fridge to be enjoyed throughout the week.
Since these beans are fat free you can enjoy them without any guilt! They are also free of processed ingredients and animals products making them fully vegan and fully delicious! Beans add so many vital nutrients to a vegan diet most notably protein, fiber, and folate. Impress all your friends when you bring this healthy bean dip to your next party! I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!
Fat Free Refried Beans
- 2 15 oz cans pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp coriander
- In a sauce pan over medium heat add onion, and garlic. Cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring frequently until soft and golden brown.
- Add all remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil, then turn heat to low, cover, and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Transfer ingredients to a food processor and process until smooth with some chunks of bean remaining. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
I hope you enjoy this tasty recipe as much as I do! If you tried this at home leave me a comment. If you would like a fresh vegan recipe sent to your inbox each week please subscribe below. Thanks for reading!