Garden pasta salad is made with delicious seasonal vegetables right from the garden. The dressing for this recipe is oil-free, making this pasta salad fat free! The carbs and fresh veggies in this recipe will give you lots of energy to enjoy your day.
If you are looking for a healthy dish to bring to a summer picnic or potluck, this recipe is perfect. The original recipe makes 6-8 servings and it can easily be doubled to accommodate a crowd. The recipe is very easy to make in advance and can be stored in the fridge.
This year I planted my first garden and I am so proud to have my tomatoes and zucchini featured in this recipe. It’s amazing how much more flavor fresh vegetables have over those that have been sitting in the store. Buying from local farmers when possible will always yield a much more flavorful result.
Garden Pasta Salad
- 16 oz box whole wheat fusilli
- 1 cup tomato, chopped
- 1 cup orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 2/3 cup water
- 4 tsp liquid sweetener (I used agave nectar)
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 4 tsp oregano
- 4 tsp parsley
- 4 tsp cornstarch
- Cook pasta according to packages directions. Boil large pot of water and add pasta. Allow to cook until al dente, about 10-12 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all sauce ingredients. Once thoroughly mixed, pour into a small saucepan, bring to a boil, and then simmer over medium heat for 3-5 minutes until slightly thickened.
- In a very large bowl, mix together cooked pasta, tomato, orange pepper, zucchini, red onion, salt, pepper, and dressing. Mix everything together. Refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving. Leftovers may be stored in the fridge for up to 4 days. If salad seems dry, make a 1/4 recipe of dressing to re-moisten.
If you enjoyed this recipe, share it with your family and friends on social media. Let me know in the comments section if you tried the recipe. Subscribe below to receive a new vegan recipe to your inbox each week. Thanks for reading!