A one pot wonder is a meal you can make using only one dish and this meal is just that! Jasmine rice bowls are perfect for busy week nights when you are in a mad dash to put food on the table. You can easily prep your veggies in advance so dinner is ready in just 20 minutes. Most of that is hands off time.
Make sure to watch the rice closely toward the end of the cooking time and add more broth if needed. If you simmer at too high of a temperature, your broth will absorb too quickly and you may need to add up to a 1/2 cup more to finish cooking the rice. To save time chopping vegetables, simply place carrot, onion, and pepper in a food processor and pulse a few times until everything is finely chopped.
This meal is made with healthy plant-based ingredients. Chickpeas are known for being a great source of plant-based protein and can help protect you against heart disease by balancing your cholesterol levels. Carrots, bell peppers, and peas are all high in healthy antioxidants! Jasmine rice is a complex carbohydrate so it will give lots of energy, plus it has vitamins and minerals that benefit your skin. This meal will leave you satisfied and feeling great.
Jasmine Rice Bowl
- 3/4 cup carrot, chopped (about 1 med carrot)
- 3/4 cup onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cups jasmine rice
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas, drained
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- In a large pot over medium heat add onion, carrot, and red pepper. Cook, stirring constantly for 3-5 minutes until vegetables are soft and onions are translucent. Add minced garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
- Pour in broth and bring to a boil. Once boiling add rice and reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer covered for 10 minutes.
- Add peas, chickpeas, and cumin and cook covered for 5 more minutes until rice is tender. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
If you tried this recipe, let me know in the comments below. Subscribe to receive new recipes to your inbox each week. Don’t forget to like us on Facebook and share these great healthy recipes with family and friends. Thanks for reading.