I am in LOVE with this breakfast right now. I love packing in all those veggies this early in the day. It’s tofu, but any egg-eater will enjoy this dish. The tofu get lots of flavor from cooking in the the seasonings. Plus tofu has zero cholesterol, yay happy heart! You can get creative with this recipe by changing the vegetables or the seasonings. Tofu takes on any flavor you throw at it, so this is a great recipe to get creative with. I often add cumin and chili powder for a Mexican flare!
This recipe comes together quickly in the morning, especially if you pre-chop your veggies and press your tofu overnight.
I hope you enjoy this recipe. Please tell me below in the comments if you tried it. Don’t forget to subscribe.
Photos in collaboration with Amber Wood of Quest Type.
Simple Tofu Scramble
- 12 oz package extra firm tofu
- 1 tbsp tbsp olive oil
- 3 cups loosely packed spinach
- 1/2 cup red onion coarsely chopped
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1/2 cup mushrooms sliced
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 2 tbsp water
- Press tofu under a heavy object for at least 20 minutes, preferably overnight. Prepare vegetables while tofu is pressing.
- Heat oil in a large skillet until shimmering. Add spinach, onion, red pepper, mushrooms, and garlic. Cook 5-7 min, stirring often, until tender.
- Add tofu and continue to cook 2 min. In the meantime, mix your sauce. Combine garlic powder, onion powder, sea salt, turmeric, and water in a small bowl, stir. Pour into the skillet, and stir. Continue cooking for 5 mins.
- Garnish with black pepper, and fresh herbs. Enjoy!