Last week Bryce and I went on a little getaway to Asheville, NC. It was beautiful, but anytime we travel we tend to eat food that isn’t the healthiest. So the time has come for a power salad. This power salad is made to rejuvenate your body. It’s a perfect way to start your week. These ingredients are crazy good for you. It has:
- Kale – packed full of vitamins A, C, K
- Pomegranate – high in potassium, and vitamins C, K, B6
- Avocado – loaded with vitamin K, folate, and potassium
- Lemon – full of vitamin C
- Ginger – good source of vitamin C, magnesium, potassium, copper and manganese
- Walnuts – high in manganese, copper, and vitamin B6
Now that’s what I call power food! Enjoy!
This super food lunch will make you feel completely energized.
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 6 cups kale double washed
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 cup cucumber
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tsp ginger grated
- 2 tsp agave nectar
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 cup walnuts chopped
- 4 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
Preheat oven to 300°.
Wash the kale by filling a large bowl with water and immersing the kale in it, stirring it around with your hands (this method removes dirt better than running water). Remove stems, chop, and add to a large bowl.
In a small bowl mix lemon juice, water, ginger, agave nectar, and soy sauce. Pour over kale and using your hands, massage, to soften the kale. Place in fridge.
Place chopped walnuts in a fine mesh strainer, and run under cold water for 30 seconds.
Mix together the walnuts (still wet), nutritional yeast, garlic powder, and salt. Spread over a parchment lined baking sheet and cook 8-10 mins, until toasted.
Take kale out of fridge. Add chunks of cucumber, avocado, pomegranate seeds, and walnut parmesan. Mix together and serve.